- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 kg white fish fillet
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 grams green beans or chopped silverbeet
- 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a shallow pan.
Add the cherry tomatoes and beans and cook until they just start to soften.
- Chop the fish into large cubes.
- Add the fish to the pan along with the korma paste and coconut milk.
- Gently stir and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. The trick with fish is to not over cook it.
- Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice or rice noodles.
- If you don’t eat fish, replace with tofu.
- Opt for a firm fish – this is best. We recommend Basa fish as it is budget friendly, firm and absorbs the curry flavours nicely.
- Also, to help with the budget, head to the frozen section for snap frozen beans or silverbeet.
Credit: Simone Austin